This term is full of different activities for our students and I wanted to give you an update:
- We have two new student teachers with us for the duration of the term.
In our Early Childhood Department, Stephanie Wise is joining us from Notre Dame in
Fremantle. She lives locally in Roleystone and attends New Spring Church in Kelmscott.
Stephanie attended Carey Baptist for her secondary schooling and she will be teamed
with Jay Enright.
In our Senior School, Amanda Pether is joining our HASS Department, with a focus on History teaching. She lives is Leeming and attends Lakeside Baptist Church.
She is also from Notre Dame in Fremantle. Amanda attended Winthrop Baptist (now Kennedy Baptist) for her secondary schooling and she will be teamed with Kyall Mills.
- Jess Street returns to the Early Learning Department after giving birth to a baby girl in 2017. We are delighted to have her back at Southern Hills!
- ‘Parent Lounge’, a part of the Southern Hills website which parents can log into, is now available on mobile devices. This means you can browse excursions, semester reports, attendance, etc. directly from your mobile device!
- The new school bags have arrived! There are some families who requested new bags and replacement bags. Those people are now being contacted regarding the replacement of these bags. The new bags are super strong and I’m sure you’ll be happy with their longevity.
- Looking ahead to the next holidays (July 1-20) we will be enacting a 3-week break. This is the first time that SCEA has trialed a mid-year break of this length and it may shape your holiday plans.
- Saturday May 26th will be a very special day for our College.
Our Open Day will see rides and attractions for our students and friends as well as classrooms being open and tours of the College being organized by our teachers.
As well as this, the Bedfordale Bush Markets will be moving to the Southern Hills campus. The Automobile special will be on the Southern Hills oval and we are hoping that local MP Andrew Hastie will be in attendance to enjoy the day and speak to constituents. This will be the highlight of the school year for many of our families who remember our former Open Days (‘Hills Heartbeat Festival’) and the fun and frivolity of our families getting together to celebrate the College.