The Fathering Project has provided some tips in the hope they will help, inspire and encourage all fathers and father-figures to be the best that they can be, as all fathers and father-figures are critically important in every child’s life.
More involved fathers and father-figures = better outcomes for children.
Helping your child's education
- Don't compare your children to each other, to their friends or to yourself
- Focus on attitude and effort, not grades
- Don't put pressure on them - encourage them to be as good as they can be and help them plan how to improve.
- Be willing to help with homework (even if that just means asking them questions).
- Overcome any urge to see your children fulfilling your own need for praise.
- Let your children know you love them, no matter what results they achieve.
These tips can be found in the attachment below if you wish a copy.