The Fathering Project has provided some tips in the hope they will help, inspire and encourage all fathers and father-figures to be the best that they can be, as all fathers and father-figures are critically important in every child’s life.
More involved fathers and father-figures = better outcomes for children.
Getting involved in your child's school
- Get to know the names of your children's teachers
- Meet their Principal and/or school leaders such as deputies and house or year coordinators
- Check school planners and newsletters
- Attend parents’ evenings and parent-teacher interviews
- Attend some of their school camps/excursions if parent help/attendance is requested
These tips can be found in the attachment below if you wish a copy.